1. My original idea for a vampire story involved two Vampires getting caught in Starbucks after the sun came up. The idea was that they had to drink coffee all through the day so the manager would let them stay, resulting in a ridiculous caffeine high. I might still use that for book two.
2. Originally Teeth was going to be written entirely from Thomas’s point of view. I quickly changed that when I realised I wanted a more experienced point of view for some of the chapters.
3. The original title was ‘Fangs’. I didn’t like the S in the plural so I changed it to Teeth.… Read more >>>
1. The spark which triggered the idea for the book came from a local newspaper report about police investigating a pony which had been ritually slaughtered on Dartmoor. It later turned out the pony had died of natural causes, but I wasn’t about to let the truth get in the way of a good story.
2. A tell tale is not only somebody who sneaks on some one else, it is also a piece of thread on the sail of a boat. The tell tale guides the sailor in setting the sail, thus achieving the best performance. The double meaning is, of course, intentional.… Read more >>>
Models, spies and lipstick gadgets… When Jessica’s father, a former spy, vanishes mysteriously, Jessica takes matters into her own hands. She’s not just a daddy’s girl who’s good at striking a pose; she’s a trained spook who knows how to take on MI6 and beat them at their own game.
Information About the Book:
Author: Sarah Sky
Title: Code Red Lipstick (Jessica Cole: Model Spy #1)
1. The mirror maze is based on a real place, in Prague. On Petrin Hill there is a mirror maze you can go and visit, and the idea came from there, because it was so disconcerting to be able to see myself everywhere I looked.
2. Merek’s grandfather, King Kyras, is named after a friend’s cat, Kyra, who was chewing on my jumper and generally being a nuisance when I wrote that scene. It was my petty revenge.
3. The first draft was written in just two weeks. I was writing a chapter or two a day, sending them to my friend, and then carrying on the next day.… Read more >>>
There’s a thin line between hero worship and dangerous obsession
A crisp winter morning in New York, in a luxury apartment, the body of a woman lies stretched out on a huge bed. On the wall above, the killer has left a message in bold black ink: FOR LIEUTENANT EVE DALLAS, WITH GREAT ADMIRATION AND UNDERSTANDING.
Eve Dallas is used to unwanted attention. Famous for her high-profile cases and her marriage to billionaire businessman Roarke, she has learned to deal with intense public scrutiny and media gossip. But now Eve has become the object of a singular and deadly obsession.… Read more >>>