I, Dougal Daley, am dead! Ok I’m not actually dead. But if I’m not careful I soon will be.
In this first book, football-loving Dougal Daley finds himself at risk from the mysterious creature living in the garden shed. Nobody believes him but as a precaution, he sets upon writing his will – rewarding those who help him and disinheriting those who get on his bad side. Meanwhile, as limbs and windows alike are broken by rogue footballs and unhinged canines, Dougal finds himself in all sorts of trouble. . .and NONE of it is his fault!
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35003254-dougal-daley
Ten Random Facts about Dougal Daley.
By Jackie Marchant
Ooh, I love doing blogs like this! All I have to do is sit back and let 10 random facts about Dougal Daley pop into my head and write them down. So here goes – in no particular order . . .
1. I had absolutely no intention of becoming a children’s author. I hugely admired those who did and it never occurred to me that I had the skills to do it.
2. It would never have happened if my son didn’t have such an untidy bedroom and a habit of asking random questions (perhaps he should be writing this, he’s good at random . . .)
3. Dougal Daley is convinced nothing is his fault. He also thinks he’s a model schoolkid, ace footballer, the perfect son and brother. He is the only person on the planet who thinks this.
4. Dougal Daley thinks his life is in danger – not just because people keep threatening to kill him for things are not his fault, but because he is harbouring a creature in his shed. It has big teeth and even bigger claws. If he doesn’t keep it secret, the person who left it there will kill him – if the creature hasn’t eaten him first.
5. If my son didn’t have such an untidy bedroom (see point 2) and hadn’t asked a random question (ditto) about how to make a will, I would never have invented the character of Dougal Daley and he would never have been so concerned by point 4 that he writes his will.
6. Dougal Daley doesn’t just write a will, he writes his funeral plan – including the speeches everyone has to make about how wonderful he is.
7. Dougal Daley has a sister called Sibble. It is actually spelt Sybil, but Dougal prefers it his way.
8. The above mentioned sister does not like Dougal.
9. Dougal does have one skill apart from the effortless ability to annoy people – he is genuinely good at looking after creatures.
10. My Dougal Books are illustrated by an award winning illustrator – Loretta Schauer.
Thanks to Fiction Fascination for inviting me to write this blog.