The door opened.
As casual as could be, the newcomer grabbed a chair from outside the door and turning to face him, straddled it, resting his arms on the back of it. For a long minute he just sat there, staring at Jaxon.
“How are you feeling today?” the man asked in a pleasant tone.
Jaxon was incredulous. He may not be able to look in a mirror, but he felt like crap warmed over and probably looked worse, so he said the only thing he could think of.
“I feel like I just got the shit beaten out of me.”
The man tossed back his head and let loose a booming laugh before looking back at Jaxon. “I like that. A man not afraid to get his ass whipped for his insolence. Though I have to say, from the looks of you, I’d guess that welcoming carpet has already been rolled out, huh?” the man smiled charmingly, displaying straight white teeth that shined in the gloominess of the room.
When he didn’t received an answer he chuckled softly before turning serious as he suddenly stood, causing the chair to tilt over backwards.
The clatters of the chair hitting the floor made the goony from before jump and take a step away from the man.
From his vantage point on the floor, the man appeared to be a giant, but Jaxon knew better. The man had short hair and a stocky build. He could’ve been a bouncer for some high end club if it wasn’t for the impeccable suit he was wearing.
He now tugged on the lapels, straightening out invisible wrinkles as he glared at Jaxon; trying to force him to cower in fear, but Jaxon cowered for no one.
H. A. Caine lives in her hometown of Brooklyn, New York. She has hopes of becoming a great writer and one day opening her own bakery. She even has the name and layout already decided. Among other writing projects she’s working on her very own first series, Boys in Love. The first book, Letting Go, will be available later this year.
She enjoys reading and has a passion for writing. But more than anything, she loves hearing from her readers.
My Top Ten List of Places I Want to Visit
I want to travel. If not the world, than the vast majority of it. There’s so much to see and I want to be able to say I saw it. I’ve no plans of buying a book and visiting “1001 places to see before you die”. No, I want to go where my heart takes me and never look back.
Here’s a list of the Top Ten Places I Want to Visit (See Before I die) *wink, wink*
1. Hawaii – I’ve always found pictures of Hawaii beautiful and soothing to the senses. I’m huge on water and have a never satisfied need to be close to it.
2. Australia – Another place that screams beauty to me. I’ve seen movies, read books and have heard from people who live there. All three only convinced me that this is a special place and the people who live are too.
3. Japan – Okay, I’ll admit it. I’m addicted to anime. Like Yu-Gi-Oh. I love it, pissed me the hell off when they took it off and now they made so many new versions, it’s confusing. Anyway, I’ve wanted to visit here since I was a little kid. My accountant just got back from Japan. If he can go, why can’t I?!
4. London – Historical romances set in London did this one in for me.
5. Antartica – I happen to love the coat and I love winter even more. Antartica seems like the perfect place to be, and the white surroundings are peace and quirt to me.
6. Philadelphia – There’s no real reason behind wanting to go here other than just to travel. I hope to do a lot of traveling in my lifetime.
7. Washington – I want to see a few of the monuments up close.
8. San Francisco – Sounds like a fantasic places, beatutiful views and many attractions. Again, to travel.
9. Eygpt – While history was never my favorite subject in school, I did enjoy the brief periods of time spent on Ancient Egypt. The only time I really watch the Discovery Channel is when there are documentaries on anything Eygpt. It’s kind of magical.
10. California – Beaches=Water. Enough said.
For a chance to win an e-copy of From Love & Pain by H.A. Caine fill out the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post. Winner will be contacted via e-mail . Open Internationally. Good Luck 🙂 *please note this is not suitable for younger readers*
Grand Giveaway Entry Rules!
There will be THREE Grand Giveaways! First, Second and Third.
The grand prize(s) are…
- First Prize: A paperback copy of From Love and Pain, Author Swag( From Love and Pain coffee mug, notebook, banner, and a pen) and one ebook copy of all future books that I write. These will be given before or the day of releases.
- Second Prize: A paperback copy of From Love and Pain and one ebook copy of any e-book reviewed on my site. (at the the top of the author’s page there is a box that reads “Reviews”. All reviews have been copied and pasted there.)
- Third Prize: A paperback copy of From Love and Pain.
Grand Prize Entry Rules: The Grand Prize giveaways are open to the U.S ONLY. Please leave your name and email in a comment on any of the blog stops or on any tour posting, to be entered into the giveaway. Winners will be chosen using Random.com. Grand Prize winners will be announced on the author’s blog and on the author’s facebook page on May 22nd, 2012. Follow my the author’s blog or like my her page to guarantee you won’t miss the announcements. This is not mandatory to be entered into the drawings. Winners will have 14 days (2 weeks) to contact the author and claim their prize. If prizes are not claimed in the allotted time period, the prize will go to the next person. And so and so on. Thank you for your participation. To view all the rules or contact the author, visit HERE