Summary from Goodreads
A thrilling new fantasy trilogy for fans of DIVERGENT and THE HUNGER GAMES.
This is a world divided by blood – red or silver.
The poverty-stricken Reds are commoners, living in the shadow of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.
To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from the Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.
Then Mare finds herself working at the Silver palace, in the midst of those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.
10 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT RED QUEEN
1. Originally RQ opened with Mare in her classroom, sleeping through a lesson. She’s surrounded by kids and is the oldest one still there.
2. In the original idea for RQ, Mare lived in the slums of Archeon, not a forest village.
3. A major character was cut from the original draft of RQ. A young girl (named either Flora or Fiona, I can’t remember) who was an oblivion, that Mare met in training. Mare eventually let the Scarlet Guard kill the girl’s father.
4. Cal’s mother gave him his nickname.
5. Queen Elara has several sisters who she doesn’t allow at court.
6. Evangeline’s brother Ptolemus taught her how to make all her metallic clothes.
7. Farley originally had a puppy named Shiner.
8. Farley is a last name, not a first name.
9. In the first draft, Mare meets Elara in the Stilts, while stealing from the arena after the Silver exhibition battle.
10. The Scarlet Guard has a presence in two other countries, not just Norta.