Ten Random Things about Teeth
1. My original idea for a vampire story involved two Vampires getting caught in Starbucks after the sun came up. The idea was that they had to drink coffee all through the day so the manager would let them stay, resulting in a ridiculous caffeine high. I might still use that for book two.
2. Originally Teeth was going to be written entirely from Thomas’s point of view. I quickly changed that when I realised I wanted a more experienced point of view for some of the chapters.
3. The original title was ‘Fangs’. I didn’t like the S in the plural so I changed it to Teeth.
4. Spencer is the only point of view character whose surname is not mentioned in the book. It’s Allaway. It took a week of back and forth to decide.
5. My vampires are not completely immortal. The oldest vampire referenced in the book is Charles at about 300 years old and his body is deteriorating. I don’t like the putting vampires into the thousands.
6. August was the third vampire made by his sire. He killed off the previous two.
7. The coffee shop Paige works in is inspired by ‘Blue Danube’ in San Francisco. It’s the only location in the book with a real life inspiration.
8. I made the original cover for Teeth before I wrote the first word. The moment I had the title, I knew how I wanted the cover to look.
9. Teeth was the first story in five years I wrote without a chapter plan. I simply started writing and made up my lore as I went along. I only researched and solidified the lore after I’d finished writing the first draft.
10. I began writing Teeth for fun to post on Wattpad. However, I fell in love with the characters so much that the ideas morphed into a series of books before I’d finished the first draft of book one.
Medical intern Thomas awakes in a blood-drenched basement and the realisation that his life must change forever. After all, how can he practise medicine when the smell of blood turns him into a vicious killer?
Spencer thinks being a vampire is better than any teen movie made it out to be. Now he must train Thomas and make his mentor proud.
One mistake risks more than either are willing to lose, and a single broken law could turn them from predators to prey.
About the Author
While some know they want to write stories since childhood, Chele first started writing as a teenager writing fanfiction and roleplaying. Before long playing in other people’s worlds wasn’t enough and she started creating her own. Living in San Francisco at the time, she found a lot of inspiration in her favourite city, some of which can be found in her books.
With a degree in Creative Writing, Chele’s first novel was published in 2013. She currently has three books published: two books in a sci-fi series, Out of Orbit, and the first book of a vampire serial, Teeth.