Manipulated by fear and love…could you cut the strings and take back control?
Billie’s hiding from the world, believing it to be the only way to take control of her life as she lives in fear of the man who nearly destroyed her. But what she doesn’t realise that
she’s exactly where he wants her; isolated and afraid. A chance meeting with budding journalist Adam sparks a relationship that could free her from the terror that controls her. But will Adam be able to see the real Billie buried under her terror and pain?
Adam knows exactly who Billie is and is determined to expose her and get justice for the lives she ruined. But first, he needs to convince her to open up to him but as unwanted attraction and feelings blossom between them, Adam is forced to realise that all is not as it seems. Most of their lives have been unknowingly governed by the desires and needs of someone who considers himself their master. He has influenced and shaped them for years, meticulously weaving a web of lies and control around them. Can Billie and Adam survive the betrayals in store and cut the strings that bind them?
One thing is for sure. The master wants his puppets back – and he’ll do anything to keep them.
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31422186-the-puppet-master
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01JMA4USQ
Ten Random things about The Puppet Master
1. My husband came up with the title. Although, I added the ‘The’
2. Bobby, the cat in the book, was based on my first cat who also thought he was Tarzan!
3. The scene with Billie and her first boyfriend is pretty much my experiences with my first boyfriend.
4. The settings in the book are Windermere and Worcester, there are both places that I have lived.
5. Adam has never been out of the United Kingdom before.
6. The ending in the book wasn’t meant to be a cliff-hanger, but an ambiguous ending that told you something about the state of mind of the character but my friends and family are insisting on a sequel.
7. The bookshop ‘Once Upon a Time’ is based on my dream of opening a bookshop and what it would be called/look like.
8. Adam’s girlfriend Elle is loosely based on my best friend, Elle.
9. Adam and Billie’s trip to the Malvern Hills was inspired by my first date with my husband.
10. Billie was actually called Willow when I was writing the book, but then I realised I’d quite like to have that as an option if I have a child in the future!